Monthly Archives: May 2013

Approved TCC mins 16 April 13.doc

Tarves Community Council
Minutes of meeting
held on Tuesday 16th April 2013
In TarvesPrimary School at 7.30 pm.

Councillors Present: Allan, Davidson (Chair), Deane, Massie, Middleton, Reville, Taylor and Thomson.

Also Present: C Shand, P Johnston and 2 police officers and 4 members of the public.

Apologies: – Cllr Hekelaar, J Gifford and A Hendry.

Proposed Wind turbine at Boolroad – Mr. Lee brought along a leaflet for the CC to look at – it provides details of the proposed development and his intention is to put this leaflet out to all on the electoral roll in the Tarves community area, to ask for their views on this project. Some small amendments were suggested and Chair will pass these on to Mr. Lee. The next step would be to have an open meeting in Tarves for people to come along to ask questions and express their views. Mr. Lee, (whose own house will be closest to the site) informed the meeting that he will be visiting his neighbours to consult them first.

Police Report: – The police officers reported that there had been various thefts of cars recently and advised the pubic o ensure that their cars are locked when unattended. Sneak thieves are also working on houses, sometimes when the occupants are in the house, advice is to lock doors. Police Scotland have a new number for non emergencies – 101 and 999 is still the number to use for emergencies. Chair again asked police officers to bring the diversion protocol to the attention of the new Inspector.

Declaration of Members Interests. No declaration of interest was made.

Minutes of Previous Meeting on 13th March 2013.-

Minutes were amended slightly and then proposed for approval by JT and seconded by RD.

Barthol Chapel Matters – Bus shelter at Tullo Crossroads – has been removed. Cllr Shand to attend Formartine Bus Forum on Monday 22nd April where he will raise this issue. Overwoodhill/Gateside Road – Cllr Shand asked roads to check the water problem at the junction. Tulloford– A BCCA member has spoken to Philip Leiper re water on the road at Tulloford – remedial work is to be undertaken. Gorse trimming – the gorse on the verges between Keithfield and Barthol Chapel have been flail mown – this has resulted in a real mess and debris on the roads.

2

Tree Protection Orders – TPOs pertaining to trees at Tulloford are no longer in place. Advice is for people concerned to write to their MSP, as this is an issue that needs addresses at a national level. Balgove/Hattonslap Road – still a problem – roads are aware.

Matters Arising (from Minutes)

All Weather Courts –Parent Council Meeting has taken place but we are unsure of any outcome. CT advised that the lights are not working and he will speak to a local electrician top get them checked.

Smiddy Lane – This has been dealt with.

Crossing at the School – Joanna Stewart has done a survey and will meet with the school parent council to discuss. – no further action yet. Wall round the Square; – Work has been done and members agreed that it is a vast improvement. Raxton Junction – Haddo Estate has been informed that trees are hampering visibility. – there is a meeting soon and this will be brought up. Haddo Lane Streetlamp – will be replaced soon. New Lampposts in Square – PJ has a meeting with Philip Leiper and he will charge the difference in the price of the lampposts to Shaun Norman, (Heritage Service). Chain Lodge Hedge –PJ & Philip Leiper have visited the site and agreed that the hedge needs to be attended to at both sides so that the road can be widened. It was suggested that a reflector could be put on/near the pillar. Flowerbeds – PJ has now got a list which he will give to DR. Public Open Playpark on Mackie Avenue –PJ will speak to Graham Wall. War memorial maintenance – Scheme has not yet started and no indication of when it will. Youth Membership – Elections are being organized and will be on 12th June. Haddo – Denise Belshaw sends her apologies and will hopefully attend our May meeting. Braiklay Avenue tarring – will be repaired soon. Cherry Tree in Mackie Avenue – has been cut at one side. Point of order – CC Forum meeting not held yet. Park at School – member of public reported that his dog had been injured by glass in the park. He will let PJ know where the glass is. CA Amenity Issue – The garden has been tidied. Prop Path – infill in field opposite might well have an effect on the drainage. Potholes – an on-going problem – it was suggested that we invite Head of Roads to come along to a meeting. Hanover Biomass Access – Roads dept were not consulted, Planning dismissed the CC letter claiming to be unaware of need to consult with CC despite being contacted by phone and a message left. – Chair to follow this up. J. Gifford has been asked to respond again.

A.C. Local Members Report – Tenders for the school park to be in by 21/6/13. It is hoped that a local contractor gets this work.

3

Matters Remaining Unresolved

Braiklay Ave park drainage. Braiklay Crossroads manhole has been raised. Tarring in Braiklay Avenue – still to be rectified.

Point of order query. to be discussed by the CC Forum at next meeting. Park at school – Work to begin end of June- beginning of July. Prop of Ythsie Path Maintenance– no further action as yet.Chair to enquire

Roads, Paths and Signs –

Tolquhon Avenue Sign – States that Mackie Avenue is a dead end – it is not. Mackie Crescent is. Also Tree road sign missing from Schoolhouse side of junction.

Planning Matters: – no planning matters

Correspondence-

Formartine Area Business Forum – 29/4/13 – Cllr Shand will enquire re replacing bus shelter at Tullo crossroads. Digital Conference at Heriot Watt. Rotary Club Ellon, – tool collection – any old tools will be collected in and refurbished. Advert for SVSO at HaddoCountryPark – applications by 26/4/13.

AOCB – Information on War Memorial Wreath holders was circulated by JT. It was agreed to purchase one each for Tarves & Barthol Chapel @ £25 each. Concerns were raised re the ground at the back of the bus shelter in Duthie Road – what should be done?

The above minutes were approved at TCC meeting on Tuesday 21st May 13 in BartholChapelSchool.

Robert P. Davidson

Chairman.

Community Council Meetings are always open to the Public – info